DIY Layered Tulle Table Skirt
In Last post we discuss how much tulle is needed for regular ruffled tulle table skirt. After receiving so many question regarding layered table skirt, i am here explaining how much tulle do you need and how to make layered table skirt
- Tulle fabric or pre-cut rolls of tulle. Let’s assume your pre-cut tulle is 6″ wide.
- Base fabric of 30″ high and desired length. You can use your old sheet or buy it from fabric clearance sale
- Measurement tape
- Needle and thread / Ruffler to make gathers on tulle
Steps for DIY Layered Tulle Table Skirt
- First decide how much long skirt do you want to make. Standard height is 30″ so we will keep it 30″.
- Cut the lining fabric in 30″ wide and desired length.
- We have to divide 30″ height into sections of distance apart 4″. Start from top edge and with chalk, mark at 4″ down ward. There will be 8 marks including top edge.
- Now draw lines on each 4″ mark length wise.
- create gathers on tulle stripes
- Sew gathered tulle stripes on each marked lines.
- Fold fabric from bottom and both sides
- On top edge you can sew matching or contrast ribbon or diamante braid.
- Your table skirt is all ready
- You can make few decorative bows, petals or flowers and tuck these on table skirt.
- You can attach this skirt with table using these reasonable price table skirt pins online.
Read More – DIY Decorative Bows
For 1 feet of skirt, you need 8 yards of precut 6″ wide stripe. so if you need 6 feet long table skirt, you can multiple it with 6 and calculate accordingly.
Leave comment here if you want to know more.